Seminar: Cost and Waste Control for Food and Beverage Operations with Debra Adams 19.04.2023
£70.00 – £140.00
Date: 19th April 2023
Where – City of London Club
Time: 9.00 for 9.15 start, finish 4.30pm – light lunch included
Cost: £70 CMAE members / £140 Non-members
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is aimed at all those who need to manage and control food and beverage costs in catering outlets in Members Clubs. The focus will be on planning and controlling the material costs from purchasing to preparation to service with the aim of controlling gross profit during these challenging times.
What is the seminar about?
The seminar will enable food service managers and supervisors to understand and manage the costs associated with their department or area to ensure that products are priced appropriately to meet financial targets.
- Understand best practice techniques for how to purchase, receive and store food products effectively and efficiently to reduce wastage
- Manage the cost of sales and gross profit percentage to business targets
- Calculate the actual and theoretical cost of food used based on sales mix
- Develop and use standard recipes to manage food cost and reduce waste
- Tips for menu planning to reduce wastage
- Use menu engineering techniques to manage product profitability
This seminar will be delivered over a full day. The session will include the opportunity to discuss issues with other participants and share current experiences. The session ends with a fast paced quiz for all those who like to be competitive!